Source: dLife Recipe
Baked chicken breasts stuffed with creamy goat cheese and artichokes, served with a lemon sauce.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories 95.1
Total Carbs: 3.6 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
Sugars: 0.3 g
Total Fat: 2.4 g
Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
Unsaturated Fat: 1.8 g
Potassium: 183.7 mg
Protein: 14.4 g
Sodium: 198.5 mg
1/4 Fat, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Very Lean Meat
See the Detailed Nutritional Analysis
Note: One or more ingredients from this recipe are not included in the nutritional analysis above. Either the ingredient is missing from our database or is listed as "optional" in the recipe.
Ingredients 2 tsp olive oil , divided
6 oz frozen artichokes hearts , thawed and chopped
1 large shallots , 1/4 cup (peeled and chopped)
1 oz goat cheese , 1/4 cup (or crumbled feta)
1 tsp ground thyme , divided (or herbes de Provence)
1/4 tsp salt , divided
1/4 tsp black pepper , divided
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp cornstarch
1 oz chopped parsley (optional)
1 tsp fresh lemon peel , grated (optional)
1. In large skillet, over medium high, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add artichoke and shallots. Cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan and let cool slightly. Mix in cheese, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
2. Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Slice horizontally to create pocket. Rub remaining salt and pepper evenly over front and back of each breast.
3. Stuff 2 tablespoons artichoke mixture into each pocket.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large skillet over medium high. Place chicken breasts in pan and cook for 6 minutes without moving them. Reduce heat to medium, flip chicken breasts and cook additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove breasts to oven-proof dish. Cook in oven 15 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F on meat thermometer.
7. While chicken is baking, place pan back on stovetop, add chicken stock and 1/2 teaspoon thyme and bring to boil. Deglaze pan by scraping brown bits from bottom. Stir until bits have dissolved.
8. In small bowl, whisk lemon juice and cornstarch. Add to bubbling broth. Whisk continuously for 1 minute until sauce is thick.
9. When chicken is baked, transfer to skillet along with any baking juices. Cover and cook on stovetop for 2 minutes.
10. To serve, cut stuffed breasts in half. Place on dinner plates and top with sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley and grated lemon zest, if desired.
Feta cheese or blue cheese can be substituted in stuffing mix.
- I use feta cheese bc we like it the most.
- I use regular onions instead of getting shallots.
- When I didn't have enough lemon juice, I sub'd lime juice and it was just as amazing!
- I have stainless steel pans so I decided to "grill" it on my non-stick counter grill. Worked just as well if not better. Afterwards, I scraped the grill of the leftovers into my pan to make the sauce.
- Use a jar/can of marinated artichokes. Reserve the liquid and add it to your alfredo sauce for a pasta side dish. It makes the flavor amazing!